Top 10 Reasons to Support an Anaerobic Digestion Facility in Palo Alto
- Keeps Palo Alto’s composting operation and distribution local.
- Enables Palo Alto to compost food waste as well as yard waste.
- Allows Palo Alto to retire its sewage sludge incinerator.
- Generates enough green energy to power 1,400 homes.
- Energy will be available during emergency blackouts.
- Reduces citywide greenhouse gas emissions by 20,000 tons per year.
- Saves the City $1,000,000 per year.
- Revenues could be used to complete 92% of Byxbee Park (no funds currently exist).
- Provides an excellent educational opportunity for school groups and others.
- Serves as a model for other communities, reinforcing Palo Alto’s status as an environmental leader.